Friday, November 1, 2013

Some Explaining....

 
So I guess I have some explaining to do.  I know I haven't been posting as much as I want to or should, but  I guess now is as good of time as any to admit my lack of cyber skills.  Honestly I didn't even create this blog, I am just very fortunate to have great friends who are always helping me out.  In fact there has been a number of times when I have some how gotten logged out, and cannot figure out how to log back in.  It is at these times, I have to give my BFF a call (that's right I really did just use the term BFF, it was either that or sister from another minster), and she walks me through it.  I also just opened a my first Facebook account ever, and it was for A Hunstville Gathering (also with the help from a sweet friend).  And really just this past year have I realized the benefits of online shopping.  I'm blaming my ignorance on simple genetics.  I remember my mother getting emotional if no one was at home to help her work the VCR.  It has taken 20 years, but I now sympathize with her, I get it.  I believe when the women in my family hit 30, they start to lose the capability to use electronic devices, it becomes overwhelming.  Now being in my mid 30's, I find that I'm distancing  myself from online banking or billing, lacking the ability to text, and being frightened by the idea of owning a cellphone.  However I am taking it one day at a time, I've figured out, on my own, a way to log back in to my own blog, it may be completely unconventional, but it works, and I'm even trying to find some "friends" on Facebook.  So no more excuses, I have a mission, a mission to spread the word for our next Gathering.  I'm reminding everyone that it will be on the 7th of December, the first Saturday of the month, bringing in the holiday season, so it only makes sense that we will be having some great holiday treasures.    

Fun pin cushion made from tea cup, cute fabric cover notebook, adorable vintage Santa cookie Jar
So don't forget to mark your busy Holiday Calendar, or program your electronic reminder (Is that what you would call it?) for our Gathering, on December 7th.  It will be fun, and full of amazing treasures to give, and to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment