Saturday, November 16, 2013

Proud Mama


It's not everyday one of your children gets published.  But there it was page 13, found between, "Fitness Class Schedule in the Valley", and the review of the local Jr. high, Halloween Carnival, I couldn't be any prouder.  Alright, so his spelling is a bit off, we're working on it, but the message was great, so fitting for my witty 8 year old boy.  So for those of you who can't decipher this 2nd grader's message for his State of the Union Address, let me translate.  (I love his curly cue written name, too bad he forgot his "a" and had to write it above with an arrow pointing to it's supposed place) 

Help people get jobs.
Help people that are poor if I have to.
If I have to say "no," I say "veto it!"
If I make a mess, clean it up!
If I open it, close it!
Kiss a lot of babies.
Be nice and make people's lives better.
And fight wars.
Be smart so if people ask me questions, I will know it.
And if kids are fighting, I'll say, "Get along."
And be happy.  (with a smiley face)

When I read it in the paper, it was the first time I'd seen it.  I'd gotten a note and a press release (it is the local paper after all) from his teacher, she'd explained how much she'd enjoyed his piece, and felt it needed to be further recognized.  What mother wouldn't sign that release, and anxiously await for it's debut.  My Jo, he never ceases to amaze me, nor does his spelling surprise me (a chip off the old block, thank goodness for spellchecker, cweshtins, questions, I love it), he's truly made me one proud mama!

1 comment: