Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Garden Journal


There has been much growth in the garden in the last couple of weeks.  I think I've missed my window to properly thin out any plants.  I'm certain it'll be another year with waaaaaay to much squash and zucchini.

 
  

What do you think, too much zucchini????
Besides my internal struggle with pulling out plants, there is another reason for my resisssssstance.... snakes!  They seem to be in abundance this year..... walking out to the garden,snake.... out to the back field, snake.... over our little bridge to the side yard, two snakes.... can you understand my hesitance to reach into anything leafy?????   So this year everything is a little fuller, and weeds will be ignored.... even more.

Can you find the snake in the picture????  The rocks are their favorite... but really what's a western/mining town without a few snakes.... and look how nicely all the plants are filling in.
 I don't think I'll get any peas.... not with all the heat (hottest June on record..... did you know that I don't have air conditioning?!?).


The green house is approaching completion.... maybe if we get a day under 100 degrees we'll muster the energy to finish it up (did I mention no air conditioning?!??).

 
We did get a new neighbor..... Mr. Thistlebottom.... I've told the boys he prefers his privacy and tends to keep to himself.... it doesn't stop them however from trying to sneak a glimpse..... I think I'll look for an old hollowed log for a mailbox, it'll be the perfect house warming gift (all recycled junk wood was used in the construction of Mr. Thistlebottom's home).


Also in the garden..... Jo's perfecting his cartwheel, Abe's finding baby magpies, baby robins, a noisy woodpecker, and a swinging chicken, all while he was supposed to be joining Sol in the shower, and Monte and I scored a free picnic table while in Park City this last weekend (first weekend ever away from the kids, 16 years).....  so despite Abe being a little smelly it's been a great couple of weeks in the garden!


 
 
Please don't tell Sol you saw his bum... he'll never forgive me.... If I knew how to blurr it out I would... and I couldn't resist taking the picture it's the perfect example of how well Abe stays on task... especially when it comes to bathing.

1 comment:

  1. Your secret's safe with me, but it really is the sweetest picture. Your grandkids will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete