Tuesday, October 7, 2014

1 Cup of Cream and an Extended Layover


I knew what I was suppose to be doing, I needed 1 cup of cream for dinner and I was out.  But somehow on our friendly neighborhood search for cream we ended up out at the lake.


It was fall... we'd had an uneventful day.... we hadn't visited the beach in weeks... whatever our reason, our quick 5 minute beach layover was approaching an hour, and still,  the 4 1/2 (Trigger only counts as a 1/2, I'm still harboring some resentment over his latest betrayal) of us were in no hurry to leave.


But after skipping rocks, drawing lines in the sand, and a game of 'What could it be?', we reluctantly headed for home.
'What could it be?'.....

An Egg....


A Pickaxe.... or two....


 A Tooth....


A Gun....


A Bomb....


A Peacock....


And a Mummified Bent Leg....


So what was in my bike basket for the ride home instead of the 1 cup of cream..... a bag of collected litter, an old license plate, a few pieces of old glass for the mosaic I'm determined to complete before the winter, a rib bone, and a couple of sticks that we didn't really need for our excessively large, never ending stick collection.


Dinner was great, despite being short one ingredient..... I guess we didn't really need the creme either.

2 comments:

  1. Who needs cream anyway... What a lovely post, and such great additions to your growing collections. I can't wait to see the mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a distraction well worth it. I'm also interested in this mosaic. I don't think I'd heard about that.

    ReplyDelete