Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dear Dad....

June 15, 2014

Just West of the Pearly Gates
Cloud #9
Heaven, 77777

Dear Dad,

Happy Father's Day!  I hope all is well.  From what I understand, where you're at is amazing.  Don't worry I'm not mad that you haven't written, I'm sure you're plenty busy.  Everyone here is great, changing and growing everyday.  That son-in-law you couldn't help but eventually accept is only slightly using that shovel you advised him to be rid of.  And your grandchildren you never met, are adorable....as to be expected.  And yes, I did get one just like you.  And just so you know, for safety measures, I've already told him that if he ever starts smoking all the toes on his right foot will fall off.  He's skeptical, but I'm pretty sure I saw him trying to sneak a peak of a smoker's right foot the other day.  As for me..... I'm good.  And before you say anything about not using my education, you should know that I love what I do, and that's what's important. 

I think about you all the time, do you remember the Ding Dongs?  I thought in honor of Father's Day I'd bring a box of Ding Dongs home.  I decided to leave the box of 12 open on the kitchen counter.  On my last count, there was two, I guess somethings never change. 

Well... that's about it, I just wanted to make sure to wish you a Happy Father's Day.... since our last Father's Day celebration didn't go so well.... sorry about that.... I wish I was better at CPR.  I miss you and love you, and I'll see you when I see you.... until then my cookie jar is always open!
                                                                                        Love,
                                                                                              Your Twerp Daughter

P.S.  Please say 'Hi!' to Mom for me!
  

1 comment:

  1. I miss uncle Dave, Dave say Hi to aunt Colleen for me also!!

    ReplyDelete